W2LI Magloop Antenna - $165
We are currently selling the next preorder batch which can be ordered through eBay. These loops will ship the week of 11/20/2017.
Please contact us to be added to an email notification system when our next round of preorders are available.
The W2LI Magloop is an affordable, QRP antenna system designed for quick deployment, portable use, HOA/apartment dwellers, and excellent RX characteristics. It is compact, easily fitting into a backpack, and gives continuous transmitting coverage from 7 MHz through 14.350 MHz, covering 3 of the most popular ham bands. Magloop antennas are known for their relative efficiency when compared to their physical size, and are known for being "quiet" on receive compared to many other antennas, especially dipoles and verticals.
Our antennas are sold on an as-manufactured basis via eBay - click here or on the icon to the right to visit our storefront. You can also contact us to ascertain estimated availability for upcoming assembly builds.
- Tripod-mountable with standard 1/4-20 UNC tripod threaded mount built into base housing (tripod not included)
- Can also sit on any flat, stable surface - no tripod required for use
- Comes with everything needed to get on the air (user supplies their own coax to connect antenna to transceiver, as well as tripod if desired)
- Quick, easy 2 minute assembly and break down
- Durable 1 kV rated air variable capacitor, rated to 10 watts CW/PSK/JT65/RTTY, and 20 watts SSB
- Continuous tuning and transmitting (1.5:1 or better SWR) coverage of the 40, 30, and 20 meter amateur bands
- Continuous tuning for shortwave reception of the 49, 40, 31, 25, 22, and 19 meter bands
- Outer loop made from durable LMR-400 coaxial cable
- Transmit loop made from 1/4 inch copper tubing
- 6:1 reduction drive for easy fine tuning
- Tuning knob electrically isolated from capacitor by nylon shaft (reduces/eliminates hand capacitance issue)
- All electrical connections soldered
These antennas are entirely built by W2LI club members, and all proceeds are used for fundraising efforts for club activities, including repeater maintenance, equipment repair/replacement, club activities including remote HF activations and excursions, and Field Day. Your purchase helps us continue our effort of advancing amateur radio within the local community.
These antennas are made available to the general public on an "as made" basis - as we make them, we list them on our eBay store front - first come first serve. If you're a local buyer, and would prefer to pick up your antenna at a TCRA club meeting for a $15 discount, please submit a contact form requesting local purchase using the Contact page listed in the menu.
WARNING: This transmit QRP magnetic loop antenna can create dangerous high voltages (in excess of 1 kV) across the capacitor plates, as well as the coax loop PL259 connectors. Additionally, one can receive RF burns by touching the copper transmit loop while transmitting. The capacitor has been electrically isolated from the tuning knob by means of a nylon shaft. As with ANY antenna system, care should be taken during operation to prevent anyone from coming into contact with these parts during transmission. Tri-County Radio Association, Inc. assumes no liability for any damages or loss of any kind that might arise from the use of, misuse of, or the inability to use this product.